In April, the Bankruptcy Section of the Boston Bar Association formed a Covid-19 Response Standing Committee (see May 13, 2020 posting). The Committee meets weekly and has representatives from all parts of the Commonwealth. The work of the Committee is focused on three main areas:
First, reviewing the Bankruptcy Section’s current pro bono protocols and adapting them to Covid-19 situations, and assembling a panel of experts discussing ethical issues arising from the Covid 19 crisis and best practices for drafting a law office disaster plans. This effort is being led by Frank Morrissey and Jacob Simon.
Second, preparing educational programs to update attorneys on recent changes to the bankruptcy code and rules, including recent changes to the Bankruptcy Code, as well as relevant state laws and regulations in response to Covid-19. This effort is being led by Kate Cruickshank, Kate Nicholson, and Amy Lipman-White.
Third, providing training modules for attorneys entering the field who are interested in volunteering to take pro-bono consumer bankruptcy cases, and establishing a mentor list so that the lawyers new to the bankruptcy practice can be paired with an experienced practitioner to provide support and guidance. In addition to training sessions on law and practice, we expect to include a training session on the increasingly important role of technology and how to set up and manage the systems necessary for an effective “virtual” bankruptcy practice. This effort is being led by Kate Cruickshank, Kate Nicholson, and Amy Lipman-White.
If you are interested in learning more about the work of the Committee and participating in its work please contact any of the members identified below.
- Donald R. Lassman, Committee Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amy Lipman-White, email@example.com
- Kate Nicholson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jacob Simon, email@example.com
- Christine Devine, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dmitry Lev, email@example.com
- Macken Toussaint, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frank Morrissey, email@example.com
- Kate Cruickshank, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gary Weiner, email@example.com
- Jennifer Breen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lou Robin, email@example.com