There have been recent warnings of a scam targeting people who have filed bankruptcy: in this scam, fraudsters call debtors and, while pretending to be their lawyer, get the debtors to wire money to satisfy a debt “outside of the bankruptcy.” An article discussing the scam is linked here. Although the article is about Vermont debtors, the U.S. Trustee’s office notes that it has received similar reports regarding Massachusetts debtors.
Subscribe to The Disclosure Statement
- Brown Bag on Monday (10/30): Are Those Assets Protected? Trusts and Exemptions in Bankruptcy
- 11/14 Brown Bag Lunch Program re Understanding and Complying with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Lunch with Judge Bailey on June 8
- Event: Annual Chapter 13 Update
- Consumer Bankruptcy Brown Bag Lunch with Judge Feeney